Image Of ISKCON , And Media

Hare Krishna ,

All Glories To Sirla Prabhupad !!

Today i read a newspaper published from Delhi , Hindustan Time ,

and read a block where it was written , an arrest warrant to President Of

ISKCON Kolkata had been sent , many swamis in Kolkata had been issued an

arrest warrent !!

I understand a single dirty fish can , make whole pond dirty !!

I do not question about teaching of ISKCON ,

but what impression does it give to society , and young devotees who

are damn serious in Krishna Counciousness !!

I admit there are many people who want , and they propogate agenda to destroy ISKCON ,

just because they do not accept Krishna and his Supremacy !!

But Incidents like this will surely boost them , and many web sites who defame ISKCON .

In this era where media coverage is high , it will add petrol to agenda of anti-iskonic peoples.

Why this is happen after demise of Prabupad ,

I get filled with tears , when i read  " They wanted to replace Prabhupada and become Prabhupada"

How much will we keep on listening to all such items in media , and internet world.

If this continues devotee will for sure leave our society , when they will read it .

Why are we not serious that its not insult of ISKCON but of Prabhupada .

I know some people join ISKCON to get associated and then defame it ,

But its very high time , we have resisted many anti-iskconic attacks !!

We need to improve , nor people will believe media , and it will be a hurdle to

our movement !!

When my parents read such news they critisized me .

Who will come to join our movement , if this continues !!

Please help . . !!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hare Krishan prabhuji,

i'm glad u brought this topic ...

on the contrary..... prabhuji... i think now more and more people will join KRISHNA conscious.

strange right....

now many many people came to know about ISKCON.

coz i 'm sure if u write an article in newspaper about how good iskcon is and no one would care to read it.

if u host a show on TV telling how good ISKCON is and people will not watch it or just change that channel.

but if Media has got to say something Against ISKCON... many many people will read it interestingly, watch those shows curiously... ... coz ISKCON is still an enigma for many people... who are sitting in the warmth of their couches and still burdned with life... and looking for an answer to who they truly are... and where to seek real happiness.

many people wanted to know whats iskcon all about, what do people do within it, why do American people walk on the streets chanting and singing and dancing krishna rama...

now this being the era of INTERNET.... i'm sure people who are curious.. would try to dig about iskcon

and come to know what it is..... as is did... i joined iskcon due to this forum and by the guidance of devotees present in this community..

internet is full of good about iskcon and whom krishna will choose will join

and i'm sure many people will search for iskcon in google and i'm sure... Krishna Conscious is so sweet or so attractive in itself.... that the people who come here to tamper will be changed and join Krishna Conscious...

that's the mercy of lord krishna....

hari bol.....

hare krishna.... ... !!!

• Hare Krishna Ashwani Kumar prabhuji

dandawat pranam _/\`0_

As Krishna explains in Srimad Bhagwad Geeta that a true devotee is above all criticism and appreciation. Such things are ,no doubt, bad but  Krishna Consciousness movement is not any worldly movement which could depend on mass popularity. We have a boon by Lord Chaitanya that 'param Vijayate  sri Krishna Sankirtanam' ,so we shouldn't worry about any harm to our movement.

Such criticisms are being faced by hare Krishna movement since its preaching by Srila Prabhupada but still it is rising.......Jai Srila Prabhupad

ys

Ashish

• Hare Krsna!

Srila Prabhupada is the teacher, follow him. He is not wrong. Others are serving his defined path. If they digress, it should not matter to you.

Someone sent me a link in email on 'ISKCON as an addictive Organization'. My answer was those who did wrong, did they follow Prabhupada? If not then they are not following master, they are fallen anyway. What has it to do with the purpose of ISKCon? Good people and bad people are everywhere, some permeate in good system too. You will have to filter and see the good, without a bias. Right?

Do you get peace after chanting? Do you feel good after service? Do you learn how to behave right or not? These should matter, nothing else.

Hari Bol!

• Dear Prabhu,

Hare Krishna,

i appreciate your concern but i have a request, may be what-so-ever is happening in the media, atleast this website should not be contaminated with such news because such news will pollute our consciousness, as long as we are pure and practise Prabhupada's teaching and worship Krishna in the mode of goodness, no harm will happen to us.

i was not aware of any such arrest news unless i read your this post and obviously i googled the news and many others will do that..

such things cant be stopped in Kalyuga

This reply was deleted.