Replies

• There is a possibility of commiting Vaishnava Aparadha when we are new to the movement. The main syptom of Vaishnava Aparadha is a sudden lack of interest in chanting and hearing Bhagavatham. 

Read More...

• Volunteer
    Jagadatma das Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances.

Thank you for in depth understanding of Vaishnava Aparadha
  • Volunteer
    Dear devotees Hare Krsna, In kali yuga everyone does not get reactions for sins committed in the mind.
    But vaisnava aparadha is a different consideration. Nama aparadha.
    Neglecting the Guru will get severe reactions in any yuga.
    Also devotees who are chanting and following the regulative principles are not in kali yuga they are in satya yuga and are responsible for every thought.
    Devotees are getting all benefit for serving Krsna in their minds and are suffering if they forget Krsna even for a moment.
    The result of forgetting Krsna will be that you will not get Love for Krsna and will remain in this material world.
    Hare Krsna.
    • Hare Krsna!! Prabhuji!! Jai Srila Prabhupada!!

I want to know that just by a thought coming in mind against a devotee even unintentionally can cause a serious offense.

• Hare Krsna,

My understanding is that in Kali-yuga we are not responsible for the sins in the mind (the mind is uncontrollable, it can only be 'reined-in' by Bhakti), but we are debted karma by any actions that pursue that sin. So, "think" something wrong... not so bad -- go chant harinam (the Holy Name), you'll be fine.  BUT, "act" for that sin, do some action.. like pursue some cheating or something.. then you incur karma.

As well, it should be noted that a good devotee of Sri Krishna-caitanya should never take offense. Rather, the good devotee recognizes ignorance or lack of training in the soul before them.

humbly submitted, Bh. R

• Volunteer
    Thank you Jagadatma das Prabhu for helping us with better understanding of Vaishnava Aparada/Saadu Ninda. I did not know that even by thought we could commit an offense. In Kali yuga, are we not exempt from committing sin with our thoughts?
  • Volunteer

Dear devotee Hare Krsna.   vaisnava aparadha is very serious and can block our spiritual advancement for many life times.

If one offends a pure devotee even unknowingly there will be a reaction.

Ignorance is no excuse.

There are different degrees of offense from small to great and even thinking something against a devotee is an offense.

Even if you do not smile when meeting a devotee or neglecting to say pranam is a vaisnava aparadha.

Thinking that these devotees are not  so great devotees I dont have to show any respect and I can just ignore them is a vaisnava aparadha.

What to speak if they are a very great devotee.  Big offense.

And then if I think just saying vaisnava pranama once a day will counteract my neglect that will be another offence.

Only by being very  humble and offering respect to all the devotees will you be protected from this aparadha'.

Bhagavatam advises us to niether praise nor critisize others as this will cause material duality.

Looking for good and bad in others leads to fault finding and offense.

To get free from the reactions of vaisnava aparadha is very difficult so be always careful in dealing with the devoees.     Hare Krsna.

• THANK YOU VERY MUCH SHRAVAN PRABHU FOR GIVING ME KNOWLEDGE ON NAMA APARADHA AND DESCRIBING EACH OF BRIEFLY.HARE KRSNA
  • Volunteer

First you learn what the 10 offenses are. Then try not to commit them. Being human we are prone to mistakes. That is the nature of material contamination.

If you commit offense against Holy Name of Krishna, Namaparadh or offense against a devotee, Vaishnava Aparadh, correction can be made. Please refer to a small book Harinama Cintamani, Conversation between Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Haridas Takore. You can download it freely on the internet.

I seriously doubt if we can unknowingly commit Vaishnava Aparadh. Although, we would like to think so, when we commit an offense out of stupidity (talking about myself)

Here are the 10 offenses one must avoid at all costs; Source: Harinama Cintamani

Haridas Takore says...

"The scriptures enumerate ten offenses against the holy

name.  I am very fearful of these offenses.  I will list them one

by one. As I do, please give me the strength to avoid them, my

Lord."

1) Blasphemy of the devotees of the Lord.

2) To consider demigods to be independent of the Supreme

Lord, and to similarly think Lord Krsna's name, form,

qualities and pastimes are separate from Him.

3) To disobey the spiritual master who reveals the truth

about the holy name.

4) To criticize the scriptures that describe the

glories of the holy name.

5) To think the excellences and divine qualities of the holy

name are imaginary, and to so interpret the scriptural

glorification of the holy name.

6) To commit sinful activities on the strength of the holy name.

7) To instruct the faithless on the glories of the holy

name.

8) To equate chanting of the holy name with auspicious

ritualistic activities recommended in the karmakanda

sections of the Vedas.

9) To be inattentive while chanting the holy name.

10) To not develop love for the holy name after learning the

the name's glories because of maintaining attachments to

the body and things related to the body.

This reply was deleted.