Hare Krishna

Pamho

AgtSP!

We Devotees of Lord Krishna Say he is the Supreme Lord referring Shrimad Bhagavadam and similarly

devotees Lord Shiva say he is Supreme Lord referring Shiv puran and vedas, now who is correct and how can we say that different puranas are for different people in different modes. When god is one then how can we divide him based on our modes of nature. Please forgive me if iam offensive.

Your Servant

Aakash

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There are more learned devotees in the forum who can correct me.

Upanishads say that the Supreme Consciousness of Parabramha pervades through out the universe. He is spread around/inside us without taking any material/physical form but gives thought, strength, sense and make us alive. But it is hard to understand Parabramha swaroopa in his form. So from time to time he takes different Avataras (Literally means 'coming down' Ava+Tara) forms so that humans can pray and reach him. He takes the form of Krishna/Rama to sustain/take care of us. As Shiva (Tamas) to impart knowledge and in other forms so that humans can understand different aspects of Parabramaha swaroopa. He may be appear strong in some forms with more gunas to achieve what is necessary and good for us. In essence it who are we divide him? We are nothing...

• Somewhere on  http://www.stephen-knapp.com I remember reading an article where different gunas of Krishna and Shiva are measured to match to Parabramha Swaroopam. You may read it.. Again I am not trying to distinguish, different forms/avataras are taken to fulfill different prayojanas...

Defending Dharma
      How to defend Sanatana-dharma against the arguments of Christianity.
This reply was deleted.